Featured job: Group Financial Controller - iMultiply
iMultiply are partnering with a listed business in Edinburgh to recruit for an exclusive Group Financial Controller position. The Group Financial Controller will take responsibility for the delivery of accurate and high quality financial information and will be a key senior member of the finance function.
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in the role?
About the role
This business operates within a highly topical sector in today’s society and boasts a number of trusted and valued partnerships right across the globe. It’s currently in an exciting phase of growth as it looks to strengthen and diversify revenue streams, with M&A activity highly likely over the next five years. It’s critical that the Group Financial Controller is able to partner with the CFO to build on the financial readiness of the company to facilitate further growth and deliver on shareholders’ expectations.
The Group Financial Controller will take responsibility for the delivery of accurate and high quality financial information and will be a key senior member of the finance function, organising and leading the team. The position will support the company’s global expansion by assisting in the development of the company’s finance team and by implementing appropriate control and reporting frameworks in support of the activities across the globe.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to and deputising for the Chief Financial Officer
- Manage all aspects of group statutory accounting, including the group consolidation for all UK and international subsidiaries
- Supervise the preparation of financial statements to meet corporate accounting requirements
- Maintain all records, registers and books of accounts covering all revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities
- Direct the preparation and management of monthly business reports, analysing and interpreting operating results and conducting reviews with the CFO and management to establish reasons for variances, determining action plans and developing a forecast of results expected
- Provide accurate and insightful management reporting for the Executive team
- Support the CFO in the delivery of the Company’s strategic initiatives and transactions, including fundraising activities in private and public markets, strategic partnerships and negotiations
- Ensure that the Company meets its financial commitments as economically as possible by monitoring cashflow and controlling debtors and creditors
- Provide financial review and interrogation of capital expenditure proposals
- Provide strong financial support for the evaluation of commercial and operational initiatives
- Provide commercial decision support to the CFO
- Business partnering within non-financial stakeholders such as Departmental Heads Including consideration of cash, accounting and tax implications
- Assist the CFO in ensuring all statutory tax obligations are met
- Assist with the development of short, medium and long term strategic business plans and objectives and be proactively involved in the preparation of budgets for the organisation, including the annual planning process
- Assist with managing the banking and treasury requirements including borrowings, interest rate management, investments and capital expenditure
- Manage all inter-company accounting requirements
- Maintain an awareness of, and implement, accounting standards and /or legislative changes as required
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the businesses, partnering with the senior management team on an ongoing basis
- Review and develop financial controls, policies and processes, ensuring a robust environment as the business continues to grow, including the mitigation of business risks
- Identify and manage financial issues and risks associated with particular contracts or projects Key contact for external advisors including auditors, tax advisors, etc.
- Manage the external auditor during the interim and annual audit exercise
- Manage internal stakeholders, including other members of the executive team
- Champion the governance agenda and lead in establishing and maintaining best practice accounting processes and controls across the group
- Assist with the development, management and execution of a Company monitoring control framework, including onsite reviews of business units, process flows and other ad-hoc monitoring assignments
- Assist with the management and execution of the periodic company risk assessment
- Responsible for accounting system maintenance and upgrades
About the candidate
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience
- Group experience is ESSENTIAL, preferably within a listed business
- Exposure to M&A activity is highly advantageous
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills including ability to engage, interact and influence senior internal & external stakeholders
What you need to do next
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson on 0131 603 7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a private & confidential discussion. A full job specification is available on request from suitable applicants.
This featured job has been posted on behalf of iMultiply.