Featured job: Financial Controller
Eden Scott's client is a technology business and the primary purpose of this role is to provide control, analysis and general financial oversight over the activities of the company, you will report into the CFO in delivering this crucial service.
Recruiter: Eden Scott
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary: £40000 - £50000 p.a + Benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in the role?
Your new role
- Preparing monthly management accounts including; profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries for the business
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Control of expenditure within the company, including sign off of purchases and other financial transactions
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as requested
- Control over statutory filings, Taxation reporting and ensuring clean and understood financial reports.
- The successful candidate will be a fully-qualified and certified Accountant
- The successful candidate will have a degree or other relevant finance qualifications or experience
- This person will have strong analytical skills and very strong ability to communicate analysis verbally and in writing
- You will have strong interpersonal skills needed to succeed in a business partnering style of role
- You will interface with Senior Management and Directors so you will have very strong capability to influence decisions
- IT skills are very important including excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A working knowledge of systems development is crucial as this will be a core part of your delivery.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a brief covering letter, or call Paul Buchan on 0131 550 1121 for a confidential discussion. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This featured job has been posted on behalf of Eden Scott, who are an accountancy and finance recruitment firm and recruit across a wide range of markets spanning executive, permanent, temporary and contract roles.