Featured job: Business Accountant, Senior Manager, PwC
We’re seeking people who are passionate about small businesses. My Financepartner (“MFp”) is a new PwC service that supports small businesses grow through the provision of financial information and insight.
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in the role?
About the role
We’re seeking people who are passionate about small businesses. My Financepartner (“MFp”) is a new PwC service that supports small businesses grow through the provision of financial information and insight. This represents an opportunity to be part of an innovative new service offering and part of an exciting and rapidly growing team within PwC.
At the heart of the service offering is a team of local “Financepartners” who will deliver the role of trusted business advisors and focus on a growth agenda for both clients and PwC. They will be supported through a UK finance centre, supporting systems and processes and generating accounts and reports, along with an innovative cloud accounting platform.
Our overall objective is to support the growth of ambitious businesses across the UK. To achieve this we will work collaboratively with our clients, complementing their existing finance teams and working with senior management to enable them to run even better businesses.
Our “My Financepartners” will operate locally and as a network as part of a national team. This team will be supported by a finance centre that will collaborate with client staff on a hosted platform.
As a “Financepartner”, you will be responsible for developing a portfolio of client contracts to undertake this work in Edinburgh and surrounding region. Development of these new businesses will be a key element of your role. This will include developing your existing networks, approaching new clients and winning work.
You will also be responsible to manage a portfolio of clients, including:
- Working alongside management in the operation of their business on a regular basis (the number of days and frequency will be determined by the client, but is typically expected to be between 0.5 and 2 days per month) challenging management on aspects arising in the management accounts;
- Responding to ad-hoc accounting and tax queries;
- Developing and maintaining the on-going client relationship with PwC; and
- Identification and introduction of other PwC services needed by your portfolio of clients.
It should be noted that all core client deliverables (management accounts, annual accounts, corporate tax and VAT returns) will be produced by the central team / existing capabilities within the firm to support you in the client delivery..
As a Financepartner Senior Manager, your portfolio may have more complex businesses and more access to senior management. In addition you may also have the opportunity to mentor/coach and develop other Financepartners.
You must demonstrate that you're self-motivated, have a track record of winning work and have a willingness to enhance your accounting and advisory knowledge, including knowledge of taxation matters such as PAYE, VAT, personal tax etc. (sufficient to be able to have a discussion with, but not advise clients).
In addition, the candidate should possess, or have the desire to possess, the following skills:
- Strong client relationship / handling, communication and project management skills.
- A desire to help grow the new My Financepartner business, with a track record of winning new work.
- Experience and track record of working with small businesses
- A good working knowledge of management accounts, and GAAP.
- Ability to work in a team, working with the central team and advisors from other lines of service as part of the service delivery.
- Drive and resilience.
About the candidate
- Experience in business development, winning new clients, and identifying new on-sell opportunities to clients combined with an existing strong regional network.
- Previous experience of delivering financial information and analysis to small growing businesses, in practice, combined with industry or a consultancy role.
- Qualified ACA /ACCA /CIMA
- Previous management experience in professional practice environment.
Please note we are also recruiting for My Financepartners in Manchester and London.
Regular travel and flexibility will be required to attend team meetings/ training and to visit current and prospective clients.
Your skills and experience will determine the entry level, and progression within the firm will be dependent on performance.
We encourage part time workers to apply as it is possible to work a four day week in this role.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, apply now to start your application, or call Caroline McLaren, Scotland Recruitment Manager, 0131 260 4145 for a confidential discussion.
This featured job has been posted on behalf of PwC, who are one of the world’s leading professional services organisations.