Featured job: Accountant
Eden Scott's client is looking to appoint an accountant with strong reporting experience to provide financial control and legal entity reporting services.
Recruiter: Eden Scott
Location: Fife, Scotland
Salary: £40000 - £45000 p.a + Pension + Benefits
Sector: Accounting & Finance
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in the role?
Your new role
- Preparing statutory accounts and financial accounting information for all UK entities
- Preparing Tax Packs for UK Tax returns and managing the external tax relationships
- Preparing VAT, Intrastat & ESL returns and giving advice to the business on VAT matters
- You will play an active role in the transition to FRS102
- Supporting the preparation of management accounts
- Producing and providing financial reports and analysis
- You will assess performance against budget and communicate key findings
- Ensure all balance sheet and P&L accounts are properly analysed and supported with appropriate documentation as necessary
- Producing balance sheet reconciliations and taking ownership of the reporting process
- Liaising with business partners to understand and control departmental expenditure
- Working Capital control and daily cash flow forecasts
- Participate in external and internal audits and manage the relationship with the auditors
- Fixed asset reporting, maintenance and control
- Reduce exceptions through root cause analysis and implementation of solutions
- Continuous review and improvement of the reporting function
- Degree in Accounting or other numerate/relevant Higher Education level certification
- Qualified Accountant - Chartered Accountant (CA/ACA), ACCA or other relevant professional certification
- Preparation of statutory and financial accounts experience, someone with a strong reporting orientated skill-set
- Strong VAT knowledge is preferred and broad knowledge of taxation principles
- Candidates from a manufacturing background are preferred or other industry focused experience
- People with a background in the accounting profession will be considered
- Candidates will have strong Excel skills and there is a preference for someone with ERP experience
- The candidate will need strong communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Good interpersonal skills needed are essential to build internal and external relationships
- This opportunity is suitable for someone with a broadly strong technical reporting skill-set who is interested in an opportunity to make an active contribution to the business.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a brief covering letter, or call Paul Buchan on 0131 550 1121 for a confidential discussion. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This featured job has been posted on behalf of Eden Scott, who are an accountancy and finance recruitment firm and recruit across a wide range of markets spanning executive, permanent, temporary and contract roles.