Featured job: Aberdeen Assurance Senior Manager, PwC
The PwC Scotland Assurance practice is currently looking to recruit an Audit Senior Manager for our practice based in Aberdeen.
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in the role?
About the role
Our expertise in the energy sector stems from our ‘Oil and Gas Centre of Excellence ‘in Aberdeen from where we’re continually moving with the industry. We are able to offer some flexibility in the role with opportunities to build a varied portfolio and can tailor this so that the role is suitable to your particular strengths.
You will experience working on prestigious accounts and have the opportunity to work on multinational upstream oil and gas oilfield service majors. With fantastic exposure to senior management and partners of the firm, Aberdeen is a great place to build your career.
In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work including external audit, internal audit and data assurance. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and appraising staff.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering a range of industry areas, and many have broad international reach. Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference. The role is largely based in Aberdeen, however some flexibility in relation to travel will be expected to serve the regional nature of our client base.
The role would incorporate:
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partners and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- We are able to offer some flexibility in the role and to ensure that the role can utilise your particular strengths.
About the candidate
- Be ACA or similarly qualified.
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process.
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
What you need to do next
If you are interested in this role, apply now to start your application.
This featured job has been posted on behalf of PwC.