Farming, diversification and renewables
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Aberdeen, 4 March 2019
Edinburgh, 16 October 2019
What you will learn
This course is an update and refresher on the taxation of farming in the UK and a review of the major tax issues likely to be important to farmers and their professional advisers. It will cover farming, the issues associated with diversification and developing on-farm renewables.
Who should attend
Partners and staff in professional firms dealing with the compliance and planning aspects of the taxation of farming businesses in the UK on a regular basis.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Michael is a Cambridge Graduate who studied economics at King’s College Cambridge. He trained and qualified at Coopers & Lybrand – now PwC. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Fellow of the CIOT and is a former President of the ATT. He is currently their co-chair of the Technical Steering Group. He regularly writes for taxation and accountancy magazines.
Michael is the Head of Tax at BPP Professional Development and lectures on a wide range of tax issues.
View full event details
- The nature of farming and farm diversification – is it still farming?
- Business structures and incorporation issues
- The taxation of EU farm payments
- Loss relief issues – recent case review
- Capital Allowances
- CGT and IHT issues – ER, BPR and APR
- VAT issues, including the Flat Rate Farmers’ scheme, output tax liability and input tax recovery
- Impact of farm diversification – do we have a new trade?
- Capital tax aspects of diversification
- Renewables and tax implications
Tel: 0330 060 3303