Excel VBA for finance professionals course
Member price: £318.75 + VAT
Non-member price: £375 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 13 November 2017
Edinburgh, 21 November 2018
This one day course provides functional code to take away for reference, an insight into programming and practical exercises in VBA compilation.
This also covers the processing of user input; declaring and using variables; and an introduction into the complexity of repeating code using loops.
The course is aimed at those who wish to increase spreadsheet potential by automating their tasks and processes.
It will benefit spreadsheet authors, Excel developers and finance professionals looking to learn and experiment with the VBA programme in order to speed up everyday tasks.
A good working knowledge of Excel is a distinct advantage, whilst experience with automation and knowledge of macros is not necessary.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
View full event details
Introducing Visual Basic for Applications
- Recording and running macros.
- Absolute vs relative referencing.
- Working with the Visual Basic Editor and Developer tab.
Creating your own code
- Understanding and creating modules.
- Common rules of programming.
- Where to store macros.
- Modifying / improving simple modules.
- Problem solving / finding concise solutions.
Getting VBA to make decisions
- Using logical comparisons.
- The IF...ENDIF structure.
- The SELECT CASE...END SELECT structure.
- Error handling and trapping.
Introduction to repeating code
- The need for and benefits of loops.
- Implementing a DO WHILE LOOP.
- Examples of the FOR... NEXT structure.
Interaction between VBA and the end-user
- Activating message boxes and user prompts.
- Processing end-user input via input boxes.
- Writing your own User Defined Functions (UDFs).
- Working with multiple arguments.
- Using your bespoke function in Excel.
All exercises and project files used on the course will be available to take home. Laptops with Excel 2013 will be provided on the course. The knowledge and skills gained can be used across all modern versions of Excel.
Tel: 0330 060 3303