Essential tax update for the accountant in practice or employment
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 3 July 2018
Edinburgh, 19 November 2018
What you will learn
This course is designed to be an update on the developments in tax that busy accountants, who are either in practice or employment, and who don’t specialise in tax, need to be aware of.
Who should attend
This course is intended for accountants and other professionals who need to be aware of recent and ongoing tax developments, problem areas and planning opportunities.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Michael is a Cambridge Graduate who studied economics at King’s College Cambridge. He trained and qualified at Coopers & Lybrand – now PwC. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Fellow of the CIOT and is a former President of the ATT. He is currently their co-chair of the Technical Steering Group. He regularly writes for taxation and accountancy magazines.
Michael is the Head of Tax at BPP Professional Development and lectures on a wide range of tax issues.
View full event details
- Key tax points from recent Budgets, including Making Tax Digital (MTD)
- Recent cases on allowable expenses
- Changes in capital allowances
- Developments in Corporation Tax, including the new loss-regime from April 2017
- Value Added Tax - input tax and output tax issues to be aware of
- Personal tax changes – interest, dividends and rental income
- Employee tax-efficient remuneration and benefits
- The capital taxes: Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax
Tel: 0330 060 3303