This module provides a insight into the two main styles of derivative seen in the UK equity market: "delta one" and options. The course covers index futures, contracts for difference and exchange traded funds along with call and put options. We consider how these products are used by speculators and hedgers, as well as examine their mechanics and pricing.
What you will learn
- The trading and settlement mechanisms for exchange-traded index futures
- How fair future prices can be theoretically derived, and the impact of dividend yields on forward pricing
- How some other "delta-one" derivatives are used in the equity market
- The key features of option contracts
Who should attend
The course has been designed for delegates with an interest in equity derivatives – with emphasis on those derivative products commonly used in the UK marketplace. The course is targeted at anyone who works with equity derivatives or who has a more general interest in the topic. Amongst others, the course is relevant for those working for investment banks, asset management firms, law firms, accountants and financial advisory businesses. In terms of job function the course is suitable for those working in the following areas: Trading, sales, advisory, operations, middle office, finance, IT, compliance, risk, legal, analysts.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- Exchange traded index futures
- Other delta one products
Tel: 0330 060 3303