Equality and diversity in law firms
Price: £30.00 plus VAT
Law firms are subject to a greater level of regulation than most businesses. Firms owe legal and regulatory equality and diversity duties to their staff, their suppliers and their clients. These come from the equality legislation but also from the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority. This course examines all of the relevant duties and considers the overlaps in the different obligations and influences on a firm’s E&D policy and practice. It gives guidance on how the obligations may be approached by firms to minimise duplication of effort and maximise the benefits of a comprehensive strategy.
What you will learn
- fundamental concepts of “equality” and “diversity”
- the requirements of the SRA Code of Conduct in relation to Equality and Diversity
- the broad principles of the Equality Act 2010 relevant to law firms
- the SRA requirements on law firms for collecting, reporting and publishing diversity data*how the equality and diversity Indicative Behaviours of the SRA code of conduct correspond with the Lexcel Practice Management Standard
- the potential benefits of joining the Law Society Diversity and Inclusion Charter.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
Tel: 0330 060 3303