GDPR update course
Member price in Scotland: £272 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £320 + VAT
Please note the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Member price in England: £530 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £624 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Edinburgh, 21 May 2019
Edinburgh, 14 November 2019
London, 1 February 2019
London, 21 March 2019
Manchester, 25 April 2019
London, 22 May 2019
Leeds, 11 June 2019
London, 24 July 2019
London, 26 September 2019
Manchester, 3 October 2019
London, 28 November 2019
Online Classroom Live course
This course is also available as an Online Classroom Live (OCR Live) course, giving you greater flexibility and choice as to how you learn. Our expert presenters will deliver the same course content but it is offered through an online environment, across 2 days in two 3-hour bite-size evening sessions.
Price: £320 + VAT
Time: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Click on the button to see a five-minute explanatory video of the OCR Live platform and to book your place.
OCR Live course, 25 and 28 February 2019
What you will learn
The General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) came into force on the 25th May 2018 and there are now no excuses for ignoring this topic any longer. This one-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the topic by providing an overview of the GDPR and then highlighting key areas of concern for the commercial practitioner.
The course adopts a practical and common sense approach throughout with the emphasis on commercial as well as legal considerations. Delegates will be given the opportunity to apply their knowledge through a series of practical exercises.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit to accountants, human resource managers, IT managers and corporate officers, and lawyers of all levels.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- describe the key terminology associated with the GDPR and to demonstrate an understanding of the key principles, obligations and rights
- comprehend the rules relating to data subjects’ rights and to apply them in a commercially sound and compliant manner
- describe the issues relating to direct marketing activity as set out in the Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- understand the issues relating to the transfer of personal data outside of the European Economic Area and to apply this knowledge to a given set of facts
- prepare for the new rules on data security breach reporting set out in the GDPR
- comprehend the enforcement options available to the Information Commissioner
- be aware of the effect of Civil Monetary Penalty Notices and to consider recent examples as well as the increase in fining powers being introduced under the GDPR
London, Online, Manchester, Edinburgh, Leeds
Tel: 0330 060 3303