Member price: £263.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £310.00 + VAT
Pay £400.00 + VAT for two places (£200.00 + VAT per delegate) or £540.00 + VAT for three places (£180.00 + VAT per delegate)
To book this course please call +44 (0) 330 060 3303 or e-mail LDicas@bpp.com.
Please note, no further ICAS member discount is available.
2017 dates to be announced
In this seminar, expert speakers consider the impact of tax changes that have occurred over the past twelve months and their implications for tax planning. It also includes an insight into proposed developments.
Increase your awareness of the pitfalls and problems arising from recent changes and explore tips for developing your tax planning strategies.
This is an excellent opportunity for practising accountants and staff involved in tax work to bring their technical knowledge right up to date.
Topics covered are as follows
- Corporate taxation and distributions.
- The Scottish Dimension.
- Policy, Powers and Promises.
- Capital Taxes Update.
- Case Law - a miscellany.
- Employment Issues.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our taxation presenters have worked in practice and often take their experience to very senior roles within practice and industry. Within our specialist group of presenters, we have individuals who have progressed to partner level because of their technical expertise.
Our expert presenters can cover business, personal tax aspects, and VAT. They also specialise in key areas to ensure that the training covers the areas that our clients want.
Professor Alex McDougall BSc CA CTA TEP FRSA, Edinburgh
- Bob Crawford
- Hazel Gough
- Elspeth Orcharton
- John Cairns
- Jim Gillespie
View full event details
Content and what you will learn
Presented by Elspeth Orcharton – an overview of the year
- An update on HMRC's new powers, the impact on tax practitioners and tax administration and HMRC's digital agenda
- A policy overview - keeping track of the changes
- Client notifications requirements in practice
- HMRC's Making Tax Digital Agenda
- The 2016 Finance (No 2) Bill changes, to include
- Removing tax deduction at source from interest - the consequences
- Simple Assessments
- Anti - Avoidance measures, serial avoiders and enables
- Revisions to Professional Conduct in Relation to Taxation guidelines
- New Disclosure Facilities
- Penalty regime update
Presented by Bob Crawford – Corporates and distributions
- Income and capital distributions including the TAAR
- Loans to participators
- Corporate Tax and dividend rates
- A comparison of dividends, salaries and loans for SMEs
- Interest reliefs
- Corporate loss relief
- Gifts to charities
- Aspects of the OECD works on the taxation of international profits
Presented by Hazel Gough – the Scottish dimension
- The Scottish rate of income
- From 2016 and what we might expect from 2017
- Influence on trading structures
- National insurance contributions
- Practical aspects
- LBTT and SDLT
- The 3% additional dwelling supplement
- Main difference between LBTT and SDLT
Presented by John Cairns – a capital taxes update
- CGT rates
- CGT change especially to ER - arguably the most important part
- IHT changes including the residence nil rate downsizing
- Trusts – including trusts receiving UK dividends from 6 April 2016
Presented by Jim Gillespie – employment taxes
- Loss of Dispensations / Statutory Exemption for expenses
- Changes to tax and NIC treatment of Termination payments
- Proposals for PAYE/NIC Alignment
- Challenges re Personal Service Companies
- Other Office of Tax Simplification proposals
Presented by Alex McDougall – a review of the key cases
- Recent tax cases
To be confirmed
Tel: 0330 060 3303