Current tax course
Member price: £272 + VAT
Non-member price: £320.00 + VAT
Pay £440.00 + VAT for two places (£220.00 + VAT per delegate) or £600.00 + VAT for three places (£200.00 + VAT per delegate)
To take advantage of this offer please call +44 (0) 330 060 3303 or e-mail LDicas@bpp.com.
Please note, no further ICAS member discount is available.
2018 dates TBC
In this seminar, expert speakers consider the impact of tax changes that have occurred over the past twelve months and their implications for tax planning. It also includes an insight into proposed developments.
Increase your awareness of the pitfalls and problems arising from recent changes and explore tips for developing your tax planning strategies.
This is an excellent opportunity for practicing accountants and staff involved in tax work to bring their technical knowledge right up to date.
By the end of 2017 there will have been 3 Finance Acts / Bills as a result of the General Election on 8 June and the change in Budget Day from March to November - set for 22 November. These include a number of major changes to the tax legislation with which practitioners will have to deal.
Topics covered in the course will include:
- Exciting corporate tax changes
- Personal tax and rental income update
- Employment personal tax update
- The relevance to an individual of Domicile
- Professional relationships and working with HMRC
- Case law with particular reference to HMRC penalties
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Professor Alex McDougall BSc CA CTA FRSA - Edinburgh
Charlotte Barbour MA CA CTA (Fellow) - Director of Tax, ICAS, Edinburgh
John Cairns BA CA CTA - French Duncan, Glasgow
Jim Gillespie CTA - EY, Glasgow
View full event details
Exciting Corporate Tax Changes
- Base erosion
- Double tax
- CT rates
- The new company loss rules
- Substantial Shareholding Exemption
Personal Tax and rental Income update
- Scottish Rate of Income Tax
- Tax free interest rules
- Residential property lets:
- Is incorporation worthwhile?
- Barriers to incorporation
- Alternatives to incorporation
- Tax implications of an overdrawn director’s loan account
- Cash basis for businesses and extension to landlords
Professional Relationships and Working with HMRC
- Tax avoidance
- Enablers penalties
- Interaction between ICAS and HMRC
- The MOU for those where HMRC believe there is alleged misconduct
The relevance to an individual of Domicile
- Background to establishing domicile
- Finance (No 2) Bill 2017 changes – backdated to 6 April 2017
- Overseas individuals coming to the UK
- UK individuals going abroad
- Residential property
Employment Personal Tax update
- Contingent workers – IR35
- Optional remuneration
- HMRC emerging trends
- Termination payments
- A review of interesting tax cases in the last 12 months
- HMRC penalties
- Other cases of potential importance to tax practitioners
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness
Tel: 0330 060 3303