Cradle to Grave - tax planning for individuals and families
Member price in Scotland: £272 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £320 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Member price in England: £530 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £624 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Glasgow, 17 October 2019
London, 19 September 2019
What you will learn
This practical course reviews the latest tax planning opportunities for individuals and families and gives topical ideas on how to minimise the tax bill through life. It will also include the planning opportunities available to civil partners and same-sex marriage spouses. It will cover income tax, CGT, IHT and relevant business tax issues.
Who should attend
Delegates who require practical tax planning advice for families including married couples, civil partners and their children along with an update on personal tax.
Full speaker list
Michael is a Cambridge Graduate who studied economics at King’s College Cambridge. He trained and qualified at Coopers & Lybrand – now PwC. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Fellow of the CIOT and is a former President of the ATT. He is currently their co-chair of the Technical Steering Group. He regularly writes for taxation and accountancy magazines.
Michael is the Head of Tax at BPP Professional Development and lectures on a wide range of tax issues.
View full event details
- A comprehensive review of the tax planning opportunities from cradle to grave
- Tax beneficial lifetime structures and estate management – including the use of trusts
- Understanding residence and domicile tax issues
- Tax for a married couple and their children - how to save tax and establish tax beneficial lifetime structures and estate management
- Using children in a family business
- Property investment, including buy-to-lets and holiday letting, rent a room relief and the new £1,000 property income allowance
- IHT and CGT planning
- Planning for tax-efficient payment of education fees
- Business structures to maximise tax-efficient extraction of funds from businesses
- Tax relief on travel and subsistence and working from home
Tel: 0330 060 3303