Corporation tax refresher and update
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 15 May 2018
Edinburgh, 27 September 2018
Aberdeen, 26 November 2018
This course also has an online live option available. Same expert presenters delivering the same content to your desk or mobile over multiple days in short 120 minute sessions, equivalent to a full days training.
Click on the Book with BPP button to see a five minute explainer video, view dates and book.
OCR price: £320 + VAT
What you will learn
On this course we will review the key aspects of how Corporation Tax works and further your awareness of recent corporation tax developments.
Who should attend
This course is intended for accountants in both practice and employment and other professionals who need a detailed review and refresher relating to Corporation Tax.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Michael is a Cambridge Graduate who studied economics at King’s College Cambridge. He trained and qualified at Coopers & Lybrand – now PwC. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Fellow of the CIOT and is a former President of the ATT. He is currently their co-chair of the Technical Steering Group. He regularly writes for taxation and accountancy magazines.
Michael is the Head of Tax at BPP Professional Development and lectures on a wide range of tax issues.
View full event details
- General overview of corporation tax and recent developments (BEPS and PE issues)
- Corporation tax self-assessment and filing
- Allowable expenditure, including the new interest restriction rules from 2017
- The new corporation tax loss regime from April 2017
- The corporation tax loan relationships rules
- Goodwill and other intangible fixed assets
- The Substantial Shareholding Exemption changes from April 2017
- Capital allowances
- Taxation of property and investment companies
- Close companies
- Some employee issues that you should be aware of from April 2016
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen
Tel: 0330 060 3303