Corporation tax refresher
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 22 August 2019
Aberdeen, 14 November 2019
Edinburgh, 3 December 2019
Online Classroom Live course
This course is also available as an Online Classroom Live (OCR Live) course, giving you greater flexibility and choice as to how you learn. Our expert presenters will deliver the same course content but it is offered through an online environment, across 2 days in two 3-hour bite-size morning sessions - the equivalent of a full day's training.
Price: £320 + VAT
OCR Live course, 20 September & 27 September 2019
OCR Live course, 17 December & 19 December 2019
View video below to see a five-minute demo of the OCR Live platform.
What you will learn
On this course we will review the key aspects of how Corporation Tax works and further your awareness of recent corporation tax developments.
Who should attend
This course is intended for accountants in both practice and employment and other professionals who need a detailed review and refresher relating to Corporation Tax.
Note: A similar course is available for those delegates based in England.
Corporation tax - refresher and update
Full speaker list
Michael is a Cambridge Graduate who studied economics at King’s College Cambridge. He trained and qualified at Coopers & Lybrand – now PwC. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Fellow of the CIOT and is a former President of the ATT. He is currently their co-chair of the Technical Steering Group. He regularly writes for taxation and accountancy magazines.
Michael is the Head of Tax at BPP Professional Development and lectures on a wide range of tax issues.
View full event details
- General overview of corporation tax and recent developments (BEPS and PE issues)
- Corporation tax self-assessment and filing
- Allowable expenditure, including the new interest restriction rules from 2017
- The new corporation tax loss regime from April 2017
- The corporation tax loan relationships rules
- Goodwill and other intangible fixed assets
- The Substantial Shareholding Exemption changes from April 2017
- Capital allowances
- Taxation of property and investment companies
- Close companies
- Some employee issues that you should be aware of from April 2016
Glasgow, Online, Aberdeen, Edinburgh
Tel: 0330 060 3303