Corporate Governance - introduction
Member price in Scotland: £272 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £320 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Member price in England: £530 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £624 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Edinburgh, 5 September 2019
Glasgow, 28 November 2019
London, 18 September 2019
London, 16 December 2019
What you will learn
Gain a greater understanding of:
- The development of corporate governance in the UK from its origins to the present day
- The UK approach to governance along with the “comply or explain” approach and how this is used in everyday business
- An approach to use to examine your own organisation’s governance and ideas how this could be improved
- The definitions and the differences between good and bad governance practice
Who should attend
Designed specifically for those with no prior or limited knowledge of corporate governance. This seminar will benefit company secretaries, compliance officers, accountants, and other professionals, who need an overview of UK corporate governance.
View full event details
- What is corporate governance in the UK?
- A review of the development of corporate governance
- An introduction to the statutory provisions and codes
- How the corporate governance framework works within the UK
- Role of the board – responsibilities/scope and strategy of different types of directors, chairman and CEO
- Understanding the role of the Board Committees – Audit/Nomination/Remuneration
- Shareholders and stakeholders –reviewing Internal and External Management
- How Corporate Social Responsibility plays a role within a company
Edinburgh, London, Glasgow
Tel: 0330 060 3303