Charities update - What's new
Non-member price: £135 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Glasgow, 6 November 2017
Inverness, 14 November 2017
Edinburgh, 16 November 2017
Aberdeen, 23 November 2017
Glasgow, 6 November 2018
Inverness, 13 November 2018
Edinburgh, 20 November 2018
Aberdeen, 29 November 2018
This annual update is designed to equip charity advisers, trustees and charity finance staff with what they need to know about developments impacting on Scottish charities.
The course is designed to be both informative and practical, and will cover the latest developments impacting on charity reporting, external scrutiny, charity tax, regulation, governance and risk.
Charities operate in a fast-moving and changing environment, and this course is designed to assist participants prepare for the challenges ahead.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Chief Executive, Martin Aitken & Co Ltd
Adrienne became Chief Executive of Martin Aitken & Co Ltd in 2010 following a series of strategic mergers and acquisitions of accountancy practices and independent financial advisers. She has a reputation for being able to explain the complexities of new accounting practices and standards succinctly to businesses and charities and she is Chair of the ICAS Charities Panel and a member of Mercy Corps Global Executive Board.
Adrienne advises a wide range of clients, from start-ups to established family-run businesses and from mid-market limited companies to charities and not-for-profit organisations. She advises clients on accounting, statutory audit, tax and business performance issues, as well as corporate governance, regulation and reporting.
View full event details
The main areas covered in the 2017 update are:
- Practical tips on compliance with the Charities SORP (FRS 102)
- A refresher on accounts and external scrutiny requirements
- Accounts and other key guidance issued by the Charities SORP-setting body and OSCR
- New Audit Practice Note 11
- Developments in charity fundraising regulation from a Scottish perspective
- Governance and stewardship update
- Business risks and opportunities (for example, the Barclay Review, GDPR compliance, Cybercrime and new funding models)
- Round up of developments and emerging tax matters impacting on charities
Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness
Tel: 0330 060 3303