CFO of the future 2: Strategic management
Member price: £361.25 + VAT
Non-member price: £425 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout
Edinburgh, 18 September 2018
In today’s rapidly changing business climate the CFO’s role has never been more important. Their management colleagues (including the board) desperately need fast, frequent and relevant information to make important decisions daily and weekly. They are also demanding answers to difficult questions: which products, business segments and growth initiatives should we invest in? Which products and customers are strategic and profitable? How can we cut costs by 20-30% without affecting customer value? Is our strategy working and, if not, what action should we take? Which business teams are performing well and which are performing poorly? Which products and/or processes should we outsource? How are we performing today and what does the near-term future look like?
Most CFOs struggle to answer these (and many similar) questions. The CFO of the future series will enable you to raise your game and take on more of a leadership role. This series of five one day workshops, spread out over the year, will enable you to supplement your knowledge with all the latest tools, techniques and best practices and enable you to drive positive growth and change inside your organisation. It could be the defining moment in your career.
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at existing and aspiring CFOs (including finance directors/controllers/managers, strategic/business planners, mid-level finance staffs and anyone responsible for improving the finance and planning operations) who want to improve their knowledge and performance. They are applicable to both the private and public sectors.
What you will gain
Based on many insights into how the best CFOs have improved their finance operations, this series provides the opportunity for you to take a career step-change in knowledge and performance. It will cover a wide range of topics including leadership, efficiency, strategy, profitability, planning and measurement.
Workshop two - strategic management
You need to become a key member of the strategy team at every level of the organisation. This means improving and using your knowledge of strategy tools (such as the balanced scorecard) and strategic decision making (how to allocate funds to the best opportunities) to enhance the strategy process.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our presenters are experts in Business and Financial Management and have worked in the fields that they deliver courses on. All have experience in either the private or public sector, with some having worked in both sectors. Our key speakers have held senior positions in a range of organisation including the FTSE 100. The Programme Manager of this division has held leading roles in organisations such as Boots, Reed Elsevier and Sainsbury's.
View full event details
This workshop will focus on:
- Mission, vision, values and strategy – what are they and how should they drive the organisation
- Defining success in terms of aspirational goals at every level of the organisation
- How to identify and focus on intangible assets and key value drivers to improve long run performance
- Using the three classic customer value propositions to agree your strategic position and align processes and measures
- Differing growth strategies and strategic audit tools – PEST, SWOT, Ansoff’s Matrix, Porter’s growth strategies, etc.
- Shareholder value – what is it, how is it measured and what drives it
- Understanding different categories of business risk and applying these to management and investment decisions
- In the afternoon there will be a “hands on” case study evaluating business and strategic risk within a business case
Tel: 0330 060 3303