Building better business cases
In today's economic climate, more than ever, we must ensure that any investments of significance in our businesses that we undertake produce returns that protect our cash, satisfy investors or shareholders expectations and justify the risks taken. This module looks at what constitutes a good business case, how we may effectively model it and considers the quantification of ris
What you will learn
- Recognise what constitutes a good business case format - what need does it fulfil, how will we achieve it and why should we do it?
- Understand how to model a business case using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) techniques, IRR and ROI effectively and the cash impact it has - Breakeven and Payback periods
- Recognise the negative and positive impacts on investors and share value a business case can have
- How to evaluate up-front and on-going tangible and intangible costs and benefits
- Consider the impact and evaluation of risk within a business case
Who should attend
Finance professionals and others who need to prepare, present and gain agreement for business cases.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- What constitutes a good business case?
- Modelling a business case
- Evaluating costs and benefits
- Evaluating risk and determining the discount rate
Tel: 0330 060 3303