Audit Regulatory Update course
Member price: £127.50 +VAT
Non-member price: £150.00 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 17 November 2016
Professional audit firms face a constant deluge of regulatory changes which they need to keep abreast of. This area of a firm’s work is also high regulated, so it is crucial that auditors keep abreast of feedback from professional bodies based on the regulatory visits that they undertake.
The half say seminar will highlight all the key recent areas of regulatory change and point auditors towards the steps that they need to take to ensure compliance with the regulations.
What you will learn
After attending the seminar you will be able to:
- Understand changes to audit regulations and good practice and be able to implement these changes in the audits that you complete;
- Prepare effectively for a compliance visit from your regulatory body; and
- Produce high quality audit files and working papers that are compliant with the Financial Reporting Council’s International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
Who should attend the seminar?
Partners, managers and staff in audit firms who undertake statutory audits
International Standard on Auditing apply in the UK and the Republic of Ireland so the webinar’s content will be relevant for auditors acting in both jurisdictions.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Our group of presenters have worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. They have experience both working in these fields and delivering seminars in the areas of governance, risk, value for money and fraud to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non-financial).
View full event details
The seminar will cover the following specific topics, together with any other regulatory developments that come to light beforehand:
· Latest thinking and regulator feedback on the audit implications of FRS 102
· New audit thresholds in the charity sector and what these mean in practice
· The likely impact of the new European Union Statutory Audit Directive
· Highlights from recent FRC/ICAEW/ACCA monitoring reports
· Recent and forthcoming changes to International Standards on Auditing
Tel: 0330 060 3303