An introduction to the taxation of doctors & dentists
Price: £45 + VAT
An introduction for tax practitioners and advisers to the unusual and varied tax affairs of medical practitioners and NHS employees dealing with their day to day tax affairs, how they differ from other clients and identifying the unique issues which the adviser will face.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- The unique tax status of the medical practitioners
- The attitudes of HMRC recently to tax compliance in this commercial sector
- The specific tax and financial planning issues to be addressed for these clients
- What special allowances and expenses can be available to such clients
- Relevant case law on medical practitioners
- How self-assessment issues arise for these clients
- Whether incorporation might be a good idea and will it be practical?
- What capital tax issues might arise vis-a-vis the assets owned by such clients
- The specific expenses claims, business and personal that such clients may be able to make