An introduction to The City and financial markets
Price: £45 + VAT
In this course we describe the key functions of the different financial markets in the City of London and how various products are used in these markets to hedge risk. The goal is to demystify a lot of the jargon of the City and explain how the different parts of the City work together.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of purpose of the City and the Buy Side and the Sell Side in the City.
- Understand some of the risks that companies face and how the City can help to hedge them.
- Know about major markets in the City including the Money Market, Foreign Exchange, Capital Markets, DCM, ECM, Derivatives Markets, commodities, insurance (Lloyd's) and shipping (the Baltic Exchange).
- Comprehend the role of the Bank of England and Regulation.
- Understand terms like LIBOR, bid offer spread, IPO, eurobond, share, FTSE100 share index, derivative, Future, Option, Swap.
Who should attend
Financial professionals who want a better understanding of how the financial markets work.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- Description of the key functions and of different financial markets.
- Understanding the different terms used in the financial markets.
- Understand how different parts of financial markets work together.
Tel: 0330 060 3303