Adding strategic value as an accountant
Member price: £263.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £310 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 12 June 2018
Glasgow, 27 November 2018
A one-day course offering delegates the chance to learn a refreshingly different approach to the accountant's role in business strategy.
This course will explore different views of strategy and its impact on your business and role. Starting with a process for good strategic thinking and adding value to your business, you will then learn about a range of practical tools for strategic analysis and formulation. You will also lean a format for seeing the big picture and avoiding commercial myopia.
Ideal for accountants, financial managers and financial directors who wish to enhance their strategic thinking ability and strategic role, and those who would like to acquire these skills with the aim of progressing their career.
Finance professionals who see the need for the accountant to move from counting to consulting and coaching can also benefit from this course.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our presenters are experts in Business and Financial Management and have worked in the fields that they deliver courses on. All have experience in either the private or public sector, with some having worked in both sectors. Our key speakers have held senior positions in a range of organisation including the FTSE 100. The Programme Manager of this division has held leading roles in organisations such as Boots, Reed Elsevier and Sainsbury's.
View full event details
- The multiple roles of the accountant: scorekeeper, business coach, fire warden, McDonalds 'burger flipper', navigator, journalist, policeman, stoker.
- Different views of strategy and how each impacts on the accountant's role.
- When strategy goes wrong: learning from others'.
- A process for quality strategic thinking.
- An overview of available tools in each area of the strategic thinking process.
- Understanding holistic business: getting the whole business right, not just the parts.
- Putting it into practice: action planning and next steps.
Tel: 0330 060 3303