Vacancies at ICAS
ICAS is a professional body for more than 20,000 world class business men and women who work in the UK and in more than 100 countries around the world. Our members have all achieved the internationally recognised and respected CA qualification (Chartered Accountant). We are an educator, examiner, regulator, and thought leader.
To lead the global accountancy and finance profession, we look to employ unique and talented people. We're committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting our staff and have a range of benefits for those who work for us.
Listed below are current vacancies at ICAS:
ITP Indirect Tax Examiner
Vacancy for ICAS Tax Professional (ITP) Indirect Tax Examiner - Closing 30 Sept 2016
ICAS has been educating and training Chartered Accountants (CA) for over 160 years, and introduced the ICAS Tax Professional (ITP) qualification in 2011.
ITP is a professional tax qualification designed to equip individuals with a breadth of knowledge of all key taxes, and to develop their skills to apply this knowledge to a client scenario. The Indirect Tax paper is one of three papers at the main technical level of the qualification – the ‘Skills and Advice’ level. Exams are currently sat twice a year.
The three subjects at the ’Skills and Advice’ level are: Taxation of Individuals, Taxation of Companies and Indirect Tax. These exams test technical knowledge and the ability to apply and communicate this to a client or colleague in a given scenario. The Indirect Tax syllabus covers UK VAT, cross-border transactions and some elements of Custom Duties.
The maintenance of integrity, standing and professional standards in all aspects of the ITP qualification is vital to ICAS. The ITP Exam Panel, in setting the exams of the three ‘Skills and Advice’ subjects, plays an intrinsic part in maintaining those values and standards. Through the consistency and rigour of the examination process, the Exam Panel helps ensure that the reputation of the ITP Qualification is upheld.
The CA Education division is looking to appoint an ITP Indirect Tax examiner to the examination team.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference for an ITPS Indirect Tax Examiner are as follows:
- Preparation for, and attendance and participation in ITP Exam Panel meetings for paper review for the ITP exam papers of all ‘Skills and Advice’ subjects; and
- Ensuring that the ITP Indirect Tax exam papers are prepared in accordance with ICAS requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally, applicants will be qualified accountants/tax professionals with at least five years’ post qualifying experience and a strong practical knowledge of Indirect Tax.
- The successful applicant is likely to have an established interest in education and to have marked professional examinations.
Time Commitment and Remuneration
The time commitment will average approximately 15 business days per year and the appointment will run for an initial period of three years. The ITP Indirect Tax Examiner will receive a fee of £5,100 pa plus travel expenses in accordance with the ICAS expenses policy.
Interested applicants should submit a CV detailing their relevant experience to Hayley Reid, ICAS Examinations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30 September 2016.
Operations Administrator (ICAS Foundation)
Administrator (Central Registry)
Edinburgh – 1 year FTC
ICAS has an exciting opportunity for an administrator to join the Central Registry team on a 1 year, fixed-term contract to assist the team in the delivery, development and operation of ICAS’s Central Registry activities.
Principal Accountabilities for the role are as follows:
- Deliver a first class customer service
- Ensure that information held on members of the Institute is accurate and up to date.
- Assist in ensuring the smooth-running of the department by the efficient implementation of receipt and retrieval of information
- Assist in the Annual Renewal process
- Use and exploit the capabilities of the central and marketing databases, applying these to support the functional activities of ICAS
- Processing credit/debit card payments
- Record adjustments to the rates of subscriptions payable by members
- Issue refunds where appropriate and initiate necessary correspondence
- Contact members for any outstanding monies due
Other e.g Client Responsibilities
- Archive members correspondence, ensuring that scanning of members documents is updated as necessary
- Assist in the investigation of members who have not paid their membership subscriptions and follow through to cessation
- Manage and control on a yearly basis in the checking of members on reduced subscriptions
- Assist in the invoicing process to firms and correspondence thereof
- All administrative duties required for the post.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in delivering the highest standards of customer service
- Proven administrative experience
- Experience of maintaining records and files
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- IT literate with knowledge and experience of database management
- Skilled in Microsoft Office technology
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com together with details of your current salary and a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28 October 2016 at 5pm.