Vacancies at ICAS
ICAS is a professional body for more than 20,000 world class business men and women who work in the UK and in more than 100 countries around the world. Our members have all achieved the internationally recognised and respected CA qualification (Chartered Accountant). We are an educator, examiner, regulator, and thought leader.
To lead the global accountancy and finance profession, we look to employ unique and talented people. We're committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting our staff and have a range of benefits for those who work for us.
Listed below are current vacancies at ICAS:
Full time, Permanent
ICAS is delivering a new strategy centred on the vision to be recognised and respected as a world leader in the future of financial professionals and the advancement of the profession. We are looking for an energetic and strategic finance professional to support us in delivering this vision and our growth objectives.
The FD will be responsible for the effective and efficient provision of finance services across ICAS and will provide strong leadership to drive modernisation as part of our ongoing digital transformation of the business.
We are looking for an experienced leader who can demonstrate a track record of success in building a high performing team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of running all aspects of the finance function, with a high level of broader business and commercial awareness and be comfortable advising the business on a wide range of financial and business matters.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be experienced in playing a lead role in business planning and strategic financial management, and in engaging at Executive Team and Board level.
The successful candidate will be a CCAB qualified accountant with at least 7 years PQE who is equally at home balancing competing strategic demands with delivering excellent hands-on services. This role offers the opportunity to be part of shaping the future of the profession and comes with a competitive salary and benefits programme and a flexible workplace.
To apply please forward your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is Friday 12th July 2019.
Process and Change Specialist
x1 permanent contract & x1 6 months fixed-term contract
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process and Change Specialist to join the Process and Change team within the Customer Experience centre of ICAS who process and report on service levels, renewals, products, and revenue. The successful individual will be responsible for processing all applications and renewals for ICAS Products and Services in an efficient manner. There is a heavy emphasis on process, regulatory requirements and data management within this role and therefore a focus on quality is essential. In addition, the job holder will be consistently looking for opportunities to improve the process to improve lead times and service levels. Therefore, there will be a strong alignment to the Digital team. The job holder will be responsible for achieving excellent customer service, efficiency targets, delivering products, and meeting regulatory needs inclusive of contractual SLA’s.
- Achievement Logs
- Admissions to membership
- Regulatory Authorisations
- Regulatory data collection
- Product Sales
- Class Management
- Certificates and Document Management
- Adhering to processes to advise Membership, Standards and Learning Centre’s when appropriate
- Providing feedback to Channels Team on experience causing quality issues
- Supporting and shaping the experience ICAS customers want, and knowing our customers through conversations and behaviours
- Collaborating with customers to improve the end to end customer experience journey
- Driving efficiency and agility within the organisation
- Fully understanding the product portfolio and Service Level expectations and being proactive in reporting failure to meet these
- Leading and driving standards of excellence in all operations
- Delivering to the contractual SLA’s
Managing and processing of the following (not limited to)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
A strong background in:
- Operating within a complex Operation/Data Processing Team
- Understanding the importance of Data Management
- Delivering improvement in the context of internal processes
- Delivering excellent customer experiences
- Commitment to putting the customer first.
- Displaying resilience and collaborative working
- Problem solving
- Adept at understanding technology as a solution
- SLA management
- Adept at planning
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. Please indicate on your covering letter whether you would like to be considered for the permanent or fixed-term role.
The closing date for applications is 10 July 2019.
Full-time, 6 months fixed-term
Up to £45,000 DOE
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join the Business Services team on a 6 months fixed-term basis. The job holder will carry out various tasks within a busy Finance department. The successful individual will be part of the finance team responsible for ensuring that the financial management of ICAS is carried out effectively. They will undertake a number of activities to ensure that the current management information is accurate and presented in a timely manner as well as being part of the team preparing the 2020 budget. They will also undertake a number of key tasks to help ensure that the finance department continues to operate at a high standard.
- Reviewing budgeted and actual salary allocations for 2019 and correct allocations as required
- Reviewing and updating spreadsheets to prepare forecasted salaries for the remainder of 2019
- Reviewing and updating fixed asset and depreciation spreadsheets to ensure they are accurate and agree to GL
- Preparation of 2020 budget spreadsheets and send out to budget holders
- Consolidating the 2020 budget returns from budget holders into first draft of budget
- Updating management accounts template for new structure
- Helping with preparation of July and August Management information packs
- Reviewing information required for year end notes and identifying how to extract this information for the GL system
- Reviewing policies and procedures and updating as required
- Setup approach to allocate staff costs across departments
- Updating 3 year model
- Reviewing and improving efficiencies spreadsheet
- Document IFRS 15/16 procedure for ICAS
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Previous management accountant experience
- Excellent operational accounting knowledge with experience of working with budgets and budget holders, and preparing management information
- Able to cope with a wide variety of tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and comfortable with working with spreadsheets at an advanced level
- Experience of fixed assets and depreciation is essential and experience of IFRS 15/16 would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess a solutions focussed approach
- Familiarity with Agile approaches would be advantageous
- Strong written skills
- Demonstrable success in quickly assimilating information and completing allocated tasks
- Experience of Sun and Q&A would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided
- An understanding of how to extract information from ledger systems is essential
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is Thursday 11 July 2019.
Learning Materials Production Specialist
We currently have a new opportunity within our Learning section for a Learning Materials Production Specialist. You will be responsible for updating and formatting learning materials including notes, workshop exercises, revision materials, and exam papers. As the Learning team is going through an exciting phase of introducing new subjects into its syllabus you will also be involved in the creation of education material from scratch in collaboration with Lecturers.
Key activities include (but are not limited to):-
- To format, style and arrange text, tables and diagrams in accordance with ICAS branding for all Learning materials and exam question papers and solutions.
- To proofread and quality check all work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to an appropriately high standard. To ensure all edits have been inserted and make logical and grammatical sense.
- To develop a standard template for all notes and exam papers which is applied consistently across the subjects.
- To interact with a variety of content providers on issues and enquiries arising from files or data supplied.
- To maintain a publishing schedule of allocated workload using an appropriate timetabling method.
- To provide E-Learning Support as required with the existing E-Learning Team including:
- Providing first line support on LMS issues and escalating these as necessary, ensuring that they are logged and resolved
- Monitoring E-Learning discussion boards.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate for this role must have:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills are needed to manage multiple completion deadlines
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of document production and publishing and advanced skills in MS Word and Excel
- Experience of PDF formatting and publishing and Adobe Illustrator are desirable
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is Friday 5 July 2019.
Volunteering opportunities at ICAS
ICAS also has a range of volunteering opportunities available for CAs, including voluntary charity positions, voluntary committee opportunities, and volunteer opportunities for members who are retired or on a career break.