Vacancies at ICAS
ICAS is a professional body for more than 20,000 world class business men and women who work in the UK and in more than 100 countries around the world. Our members have all achieved the internationally recognised and respected CA qualification (Chartered Accountant). We are an educator, examiner, regulator, and thought leader.
To lead the global accountancy and finance profession, we look to employ unique and talented people. We're committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting our staff and have a range of benefits for those who work for us.
Listed below are current vacancies at ICAS:
Finance Assistant – Sales Ledger
Edinburgh – Full-time (35 hours)
ICAS has an opportunity for a Finance Assistant – Sales Ledger to join the Finance Team on a permanent contract. The main purpose of the role is to assist in the day to day processing of all financial transactions in relation to the Sales Ledger, supporting the Sales Ledger Controller and Finance Manager as and when required. This will include processing payments, creating invoices and credit control debt chasing.
Principal Accountabilities for the role are as follows:
- Ensure the timely & accurate posting of all cash received each day
- Process cheques for banking daily or weekly depending on the time of year
- Deal with phone calls to and from members about debt queries and take credit card payments
- Deal with queries from staff in other departments about sales invoices & cash receipts
- Creating and issuing Invoices
- Import invoices & payments from the sales ledger into the SUN finance system
- Debt Chasing of overdue invoices
- Issue refunds for overpayments
- Record & issue petty cash and reconcile at month end
- Record & issue Train Tickets to staff
- Support the work of the Sales Ledger Controller in managing debtors – issuing statements and reminder letters
- Involved in the implementation and using of a new Invoice System.
- Assist with other administration and processing tasks within the finance department
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Higher grade (or equivalent) in Accountancy or Business Studies qualification is preferred or appropriate qualification by experience.
- Standard Grade (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Previous office experience in finance is desirable.
- Good telephone manner to deal with members from all around the world is essential.
- Good organisation skills and an ability to communicate effectively with members and staff.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as working independently and displaying initiative.
- Excellent numeracy skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word are essential.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7 July 2017 at 5pm. Interviews for this role are scheduled to take place week commencing 17th July 2017.
The ICAS digital team are looking for a lead developer to join their agile development team to support a programme of transformational change and maintain current applications.
You will lead a team of developers to design and build solutions to meet business needs, ensuring the design is fully integrated at all levels and that business processes are adapted and implemented appropriately. You will also work closely with the digital project manager, UX designer and front-end developer to deliver high profile applications within ICAS.
As a lead developer your experience, approach and solutions mean you are trusted as a technical authority and your contributions inspire peers and help drive continual improvement in best practice.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can set the technical direction for the development team and ensure best practice is followed to maintain a consistent and cohesive development environment.
- Can communicate the steps involved in the delivery of technical solutions in a way they are understood by the wider team to provide visibility and manage expectations.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across ICAS to gather information required by the development team to build solutions.
- Can support project delivery by estimating effort and driving efficiencies in the development team.
- Can produce quality documentation for development work to support the maintenance of applications.
- Can talk through live projects and explain lessons learnt.
- Has experience in leading teams and pushing expectations.
- Has a collaborative and inclusive working style and encourages knowledge sharing and learning.
What we can offer you:
- Influence – you’ll have a massive opportunity to build up the tech capability in ICAS, bring change and make a positive contribution across our organisation, people, and membership.
- Ownership – your self-motivated working style will allow you to take advantage of having the freedom and space to be trusted and learn from mistakes.
- Leadership – you’ll be accountable for the learning and delivery of your development team.
- Challenges – we are a small team with a long to-do list and big ambitions. You’ll be tasked will solving complex problems with lots of uncertainty; it makes celebrating success all the more rewarding!
- Passionate colleagues - you’ll work with a team who are keen to learn, improve and lead the way in bringing agility to ICAS.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The post requires an individual who has experience in leading a team of developers and has skills in developing with modern technologies.
Leadership and influencing are also key attributes in order to implement change in a positive and inclusive way. The post holder must display strong development skills and be confident and competent in support and development.
The Lead Developer must have experience in leading and managing projects ensuring the requirements are met within the given timescales.
Experience in an Agile approach to project management will be an advantage.
Experience in effectively communicating with business stakeholders is critical to success.
A proven track record in taking a solution/problem solving approach to creating innovative and efficient solutions.
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
- .NET / C#
- SQL Server 2015-2012
- Angular 1
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Continuous deployment / integration (e.g. Octopus / Team City)
- REST / WCF
- JIRA Atlassian
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your salary expectations and a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th July 2017
Volunteering opportunities at ICAS
ICAS also has a range of volunteering opportunities available for CAs, including voluntary charity positions, voluntary committee opportunities, and volunteer opportunities for members who are retired or on a career break.