Vacancies at ICAS
ICAS is a professional body for more than 20,000 world class business men and women who work in the UK and in more than 100 countries around the world. Our members have all achieved the internationally recognised and respected CA qualification (Chartered Accountant). We are an educator, examiner, regulator, and thought leader.
To lead the global accountancy and finance profession, we look to employ unique and talented people. We're committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting our staff and have a range of benefits for those who work for us.
Listed below are current vacancies at ICAS:
Customer Service Executive
Full-time, 9 month FTC
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Executive to join the Member Engagement and Communication division of ICAS. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this is a varied role which has responsibility for delivering first call customer service for all ICAS members. The successful individual will act as first point of contact for all customer queries coming into ICAS and will be required to resolve queries efficiently and effectively in a timely manner and ensure the smooth flow of the admission process. You will be jointly responsible for the management of the Annual Renewals process with direction from the Customer Service Manager.
- Delivering an excellent end to end customer service experience, ensuring confidentialityis maintained. Always acting as the customer champion.
- Helping to identify customer issues and work with the Customer Service Manager to find appropriate solutions.
- Conducting regular audits / reviews of information held on ICAS members and contribute to the development of business processes with a view to improving efficiency and the customer journey.
- Responding in a timely manner and within SLAs to data/information requests from members, the public and internal colleagues.
- Ensuring the smooth-running of the department through efficient implementation of the receipt and retrieval of information.
- Using and exploiting the capabilities of the central and marketing databases, applying these to support of the functional activities of ICAS.
- Ensuring that new members are admitted to ICAS in a timely and accurate manner.
- Managing and maintaining the Annual Renewal process, ensuring that member queries are dealt with efficiently.
- Processing credit/debit card payments.
- Recording adjustments to subscription rates payable by members.
- Issuing refunds where appropriate and making sure members are kept up to date with progress.
- Continually maintaining and developing retrieval systems for member documentation to ensure efficient access
- Assisting in contacting and the investigation of members who have not paid their membership subscriptions and follow through to successful conclusion.
- Managing and controlling processes for members on reduced subscriptions.
- Assisting in the invoicing process to firms and any relevant correspondence.
- All administrative duties required for the post.
The ideal candidate for this role would have experience in a similar setting and have a good level of English and previous experience of working in a customer service and administration role.
You must have experience in delivering the highest standards of customer service and maintaining records and files accurately, have a right first-time approach to solving customer queries and be comfortable working with a wide range of people from all levels. Excellent IT (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and administration skills are essential. Experience of Microsoft Dynamics is beneficial but not required.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is Thursday 13th September.
Full-time, 12 months FTC (maternity cover)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join the Finance & Resources division of ICAS on a 12-month fixed term maternity cover contract. Working within the Finance team and reporting to the Head of Finance, this is a varied role which has responsibility for the effective management of the finance staff team covering; sales ledger, purchase ledger, financial ledger and payroll & expenses.
The successful individual will ensure all daily and monthly financial transactions are processed accurately and timeously to produce the first draft of the monthly management accounts and ensure all financial system internal controls are operational and fit for purpose.
Key activities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsibility for the management of the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Payroll & Expenses functions
- Preparing monthly accounts such that all transactions processed and all recurring monthly journals for deferred income, provisions, prepayments etc are completed
- Completing and reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring and updating Fixed Asset register and depreciation
- Posting of various month end journals – investments, stock, flexible benefits and other adjustments
- Producing monthly management accounts, liaising with budget holders to ensure accuracy and investigate any variances
- Assisting with preparation of the annual budget process
- Day to day management of staff: 1:1 meetings, absence, appraisals, workload allocation and personal development
- Reviewing bank reconciliations and authorising bank payments
- Bank account administration ensuring bank signatories and access is up-to-date
- Reviewing and authorising monthly payroll process ensuring sufficient controls are in place and are adhered to
- Providing cover for payroll processing and bank reconciliations during holiday cover
- Posting of monthly payroll allocation and completion of monthly payroll projection calculation
- Reviewing and authorising P11Ds and PSA
- Managing corporate credit card system – authorising changes to credit card limits and new cardholders
- Reviewing and releasing staff credit card and cash expenses during holiday cover
- Ensuring compliance with credit card risk assessment and procedures
- Advising and assisting in the implementation of new systems and procedures
- Maintaining all financial ledgers
- Involvement in adhoc projects across breadth of ICAS activities to provide advice to ensure integration and compliance with finance systems and policies
- Contributing to statutory accounts notes and assisting auditors with queries on procedures and controls
- Liaising with Central Registry on annual return and member subscription collection
- Ensuring internal controls are in place and are adhered to
- Reviewing information for quarterly VAT return
- Completion and submission of surveys from Office for National Statistics
- Supporting finance team with day to day priorities and issues
- Cover in absence of Head of Finance and Financial Controller
- Liaison with third party providers of financial system solutions including: Premium Credit, WorldPay, outsourced payroll service, SAP Concur and Castle IT support
The ideal candidate for this role would have a finance qualification and substantial experience working in a similar financial environment across all financial ledgers. Strong IT skills, excellent excel skills and extensive knowledge of financial systems is essential. You should possess high levels of drive and initiative to problem solve and meet deadlines. Experience of managing and supporting change projects would be desirable.
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th September.
Volunteering opportunities at ICAS
ICAS also has a range of volunteering opportunities available for CAs, including voluntary charity positions, voluntary committee opportunities, and volunteer opportunities for members who are retired or on a career break.