Vacancies at ICAS
ICAS is a professional body for more than 20,000 world class business men and women who work in the UK and in more than 100 countries around the world. Our members have all achieved the internationally recognised and respected CA qualification (Chartered Accountant). We are an educator, examiner, regulator, and thought leader.
To lead the global accountancy and finance profession, we look to employ unique and talented people. We're committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting our staff and have a range of benefits for those who work for us.
Listed below are current vacancies at ICAS:
Director of Membership
Permanent (full time)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a London based Director of Membership to join the Members team of ICAS on a permanent contract. The successful individual will be accountable for the engagement strategy for ICAS members, with a focus on London. The purpose of the role is to drive an increase in satisfaction for ICAS members. The role also has direct accountability for overseeing key relationships with senior members in London and leading the London Area Network. The aim is to drive increased engagement with existing ICAS members.
For London, the core purpose is to drive increased visibility of ICAS ‘on the ground’ in London. This role also has responsibility for creating, building and developing relationships with key employers and recruiters in London. The successful candidate will be expected to play a critical role in expanding ICAS’ presence in London with both clients and members.
Key activities include (but are not limited to):
- This is a brand-new role, set up to drive engagement and for existing members. As Director of Membership, your role will be to provide leadership and direction within ICAS, in respect of the engagement programme (for students and members). There is be a specific focus on driving satisfaction and engagement in London.
- Embrace and lead transformational change to ensure a step change in our engagement programme.
- Own, shape and deliver a comprehensive engagement programme which takes account of our key audiences.
- Create and implement a new Engagement strategy with buy-in from key members and the Exec Team. Roll-out across ICAS and ensure the plan is holistic and supports the overall ICAS strategy.
- Oversee the ICAS Area Network approach to deliver a step change in the remit and reach of the core network (specific focus on London).
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to develop a robust set of performance metrics for engagement, demonstrating ROI.
- Drive a step-change in engagement with a clear focus on the needs of ICAS members.
- Implement membership strategies to support the retention of existing members. This role will create a member-focused culture which models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Create, own and implement a new transformational engagement plan for ICAS members. This includes both a focus on members, students and key clients.
- Support the development of a continuous improvement culture, where we strive to “surprise & delight” members.
- To lead and line manage a team of Relationship Manager(s).
- To motivate the team and demonstrate leadership attributes by setting a clear and focused example to team members and colleagues.
- Exert influence beyond the immediate sphere of responsibility to bring about a change in how engagement is perceived and delivered across the business.
- Create and execute employee learning and development plans to provide opportunities for team members to enhance and build upon existing skills, learn new skills relevant to existing or future roles, identify talent and resolve areas for improvement.
- To oversee career development, training and motivation of direct reports.
- Extensive senior level interaction with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a persuasive communicator to business leaders and people across the business to ensure buy-in and support for a new direction.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Skills & Knowledge
- A transformational and emotionally intelligent change leader, who is resilient to the blockers of change.
- Excellent relationship management skills supported by strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to deliver an engagement strategy through effective team management and leadership.
- Ability to communicate with and influence key senior stakeholders internally and externally.
- Someone who is ambitious for what can be delivered and not constrained by the current thinking within ICAS.
- Examine current infrastructure and come up with new ways of working, thinking and presenting.
- First class communication and influencing skills with the ability to understand member needs and translate these into a cohesive engagement plan.
- An excellent team player and team builder with the ability to influence change well beyond the immediate area of responsibility.
- Desirable - Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of setting up and delivering a clear engagement plan.
- Significant breadth of experience gained within a Relationship Management function in a range of different organisations.
- Proven track record of developing and leading teams in a challenging environment.
- Experience of managing and developing relationships at corporate, board and individual levels.
- Experience in understanding customer requirements and translating these into engagement plans.
- Proven track record of exceeding targets and thrive in a commercially focused relationship management role.
- Experience in hitting the ground running and leveraging your existing network to add value to a business.
- Ability to confidently build and initiate connections with an effective network of clients.
- High degree of confidence and credibility in the role of senior relationship manager.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the gravitas and leadership qualities that are commensurate with a Director of Membership role.
- The role may require the candidate to travel within the UK.
- The role may require unsociable hours.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is Friday 19th October.
Permanent (full time)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join the agile ICAS Digital team as they design and build solutions to meet business needs, ensuring that deliverables are at a high standard and align with the strategic objectives of ICAS. Reporting to the Senior IT Manager, this is a varied role in which your experience, approach and solutions mean that you will be a trusted technical authority in your field. Your contributions should inspire peers and help drive continual improvement and best practice.
Key activities include (but are not limited to):
- Helping to gather requirements and working closely with our Business Analysts to define user stories ensuring tests are clearly defined.
- Designing, implementing, and ensuring pre-production environments are designed and managed.
- Setup and use of specified tools for configuration, build and continuous deployment.
- Maintaining virtual and physical infrastructure to the highest standards ensuring cyber security is at the front of all decision making.
- Ensuring technical design and standards are clearly defined and maintained.
- Providing advanced support and ensuring services are robust and run effectively in our production environments.
- Introducing a data driven approach to continuously improve our delivery and systems.
- Mentoring and guiding other team members, especially junior roles where appropriate, and be open to sharing knowledge and providing demos.
The ideal candidate for this role would have experience in a similar role and possess the skills to help the team develop the processes and standards required to ensure the DevOps mindset cascades throughout the digital team.
You must display strong development skills and be confident and competent in support and development. Experience in Agile/Kanban methodologies is essential, as is experience in most, if not all of the following:
Azure / AWS
Windows 10 / Server 2008 - 2016
Dynamics 365 / Microsoft 365
ASA / Fortinet firewalls
SQL Server 2012-2015
Exchange / hybrid setup
Continuous deployment (Octopus / Team City)
.NET / C#
Angular 1 / React
HTML5 / CSS3
REST / WCF
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is Friday 12th October.
Volunteering opportunities at ICAS
ICAS also has a range of volunteering opportunities available for CAs, including voluntary charity positions, voluntary committee opportunities, and volunteer opportunities for members who are retired or on a career break.