Vacancies at ICAS
ICAS is a professional body for more than 20,000 world class business men and women who work in the UK and in more than 100 countries around the world. Our members have all achieved the internationally recognised and respected CA qualification (Chartered Accountant). We are an educator, examiner, regulator, and thought leader.
To lead the global accountancy and finance profession, we look to employ unique and talented people. We're committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting our staff and have a range of benefits for those who work for us.
Listed below are current vacancies at ICAS:
Finance Ledger Controller
Edinburgh – Part-time (20 hours)
ICAS has an opportunity for a Finance Ledger Controller to join the Finance Team on a permanent, part-time contract. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Finance Manager with the day-to-day operation of the Finance function. This will include responsibility for some month-end processing, cover for the Expenses Controller role, general ledger housekeeping and an ability to help out across the team.
Principal Accountabilities for the role are as follows:
- Contribute to month end processes with responsibility for the fixed asset register and investments.
- Provide cover for the Expenses, Sales Ledger & Purchase Ledger Controllers including bank reconciliations, corporate credit card administration and charity bookkeeping
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations at month end
- Process the payroll if required
- Manage general ledger housekeeping including opening & closing accounts and ensuring transactions posted with all codes
- Set up simple Q&A excel reports
- Assist Finance Manager with VAT review and journals
- Assist Finance Manager with departmental administration
- Any other tasks as requested by the Finance Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 3 years + of experience working in a finance team
- Qualified by experience, or preferably a bookkeeping qualification as evidence of a good understanding of debits & credits
- Previous experience of automated bank reconciliation
- Ability to keep payroll information confidential
- Payroll experience preferred in order to understand statutory deductions and key issues but detailed knowledge not required as payroll service outsourced
- Good working knowledge of excel (not expert)
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications is 22 May 2017 at 5pm.
Volunteering opportunities at ICAS
ICAS also has a range of volunteering opportunities available for CAs, including voluntary charity positions, voluntary committee opportunities, and volunteer opportunities for members who are retired or on a career break.