CPD accredited employer scheme
Important CPD changes for members working with Accredited Employers
As ICAS seeks to Build the leading global professional community, we want to reinforce the personal responsibility that goes hand in hand with being a CA.
The ICAS CPD Accredited Employers Scheme was introduced nearly 10 years ago, as a means of enabling CAs to rely upon their employers to verify CPD compliance. Today, ICAS want every CA to take personal responsibility for their commitment to CPD.
After very careful consideration ICAS has closed the current ICAS CPD Accredited Employer Scheme with effect from 31 December 2015. The ICAS CPD cycle operates 12 calendar months in arrears so there is no change for 2016.
What happens next
- CAs can still rely on their employer's accreditation for the full year to 31 December 2015
- If you work with an accredited employer and are selected in the 2016 sample (for the CPD year 2015), we will write to your employer to confirm that you were employed for the full year. You don’t need to take any action.
- You should continue to maintain your personal development plans, as prescribed by your employer, as we will accept this as a record of your CPD in future years.
- If you are selected in the sample after 1 January 2017, we will simply write to you to ask for a copy of the records which you maintain for your employer. There is no need for you to complete any forms.
- Please remember to plan and record your CPD activities and reflect on what you have learned.
To find out more about the ICAS CPD requirements please visit icas.com or contact via email or phone +44 (0)131 347 0286.