Support talented young people to join the accountancy profession through the ICAS Foundation
Discover how the ICAS Foundation supports talented young people in need of financial and mentoring support.
As the deadline for renewing your ICAS membership approaches, don’t forget to look out for the ICAS Foundation donation option when confirming your details or paying your membership fee.
The ICAS Foundation supports talented young people living in disadvantaged communities to study accounting and finance at a range of universities. The financial bursaries and mentoring support provided by the Foundation are critical to helping these students make the best of their time at university and to go on to take the next steps in their career.
The Foundation in numbers
The ICAS Foundation has:
- Supported around 200 academically talented young people at 14 universities.
- Awarded more than £1.4m in bursaries and grants.
- Engaged over 120 volunteer mentors to support its students.
- 93% of summer 2019 Foundation graduates achieved first-class honours or an upper second-class degree, and 66% immediately commenced a graduate CA contract.
- 32 students started on the ICAS Foundation programme this autumn, joining the 83 other students who are currently being supported.
Please consider supporting the ICAS Foundation today, and together we can make the accountancy profession more inclusive for the future.
How you can help
ICAS members can support the Foundation in a range of ways:
- Donate to the ICAS Foundation when completing your ICAS Annual Membership Renewal.
- Give a one-off or regular monthly donation at https://icas.charitycheckout.co.uk/givingtuesday19#!/
- Volunteer one to two hours each month as a mentor to an undergraduate student (more information is available at http://www.icasfoundation.org.uk/becomementor.html).
- Leave a legacy to the ICAS Foundation in your will.
The ICAS Foundation is extremely grateful to all the supporters who have contributed to its work, including Trustees, donors and volunteer mentors.
The ICAS Foundation is a charity registered in Scotland SC034836. You can find out more about the ICAS Foundation and how you can contribute at http://www.icasfoundation.org.uk/.