CA daily briefing: Wednesday 9 December
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
The next episode of our podcast is now live! ICAS President Catherine Burnet joins Indy to discuss how ICAS has served members during the pandemic, her passion for diversity in the profession and her predictions for 2021.
Today's top stories from around the web
- 'Price rises likely' due to UK shipping problems (BBC News)
- Four in 10 Londoners to switch jobs due to declining sector opportunities (City AM)
- Saving the City: London's finance district plots reboot as COVID compounds Brexit (Reuters)
- Economic cost of COVID crisis prompts call for one-off UK wealth tax (The Guardian)
- Gas boilers should be banned from sale after 2033, says climate change committee (Sky News)
- UK set to halt US tariffs in bid for post-Brexit trade deal (City AM)
- No-deal Brexit fears rise as Johnson heads for last supper in Brussels (Reuters)
- Honda pauses production after UK port woes (BBC News)
- Virgin Atlantic sells Dreamliners to aid post-COVID recovery bid (Sky News)
- FRC flags ‘importance of challenge culture’ in audit firms (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.