CA daily briefing: Wednesday 8 July
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you the latest news and updates from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
Catriona Paisey reports on her research findings and how CAs can be empowered to Speak Up! and Listen Up!
Today's top stories from around the web
- Coronavirus: Rishi Sunak to unveil 'kickstart jobs scheme' for young people (BBC News)
- Labour calls for no tax rises to pay for coronavirus spending (City AM)
- Next coronavirus waves will determine UK economy's path - BoE's Haldane (Reuters)
- Next, Asos and Amazon drop Boohoo amid Leicester factory claims (The Guardian)
- Coronavirus: Cost of job subsidy schemes tops £35bn (Sky News)
- Coronavirus: How are other economies dealing with the downturn? (BBC News)
- UK 'jobs crisis' is underway, recruiters warn (Reuters)
- How Rishi Sunak could kickstart UK's post-lockdown economy (The Guardian)
- COVID-19 impact raises insolvency warning for university sector (Accountancy Daily)
- Direct Amsterdam-London trains given go-ahead, but no start date for Eurostar (The Independent)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.