CA daily briefing: Wednesday 7 October
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft her to give you the latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
HMRC has issued guidance regarding changes to its IT systems, which are impacting VAT processing in insolvency cases.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Bounce back loans: Taxpayers may lose £26bn on unpaid loans (BBC News)
- UK house prices jump again in September as market defies gravity (City AM)
- Barclays to enter new European private banking markets in 2021 (Reuters)
- Small restaurants accuse Deliveroo of unfair commission rates (Sky News)
- EU lawmakers ask Jeff Bezos whether Amazon spies on politicians (The Guardian)
- Far more than 500,000 pub, bar and restaurant jobs to go this year, hospitality boss warns (The Independent)
- Coronavirus: Global economy 'less dire' than earlier in 2020 - but IMF warns 'this calamity is far from over' (Sky News)
- Tesco profits surge as online orders double (BBC News)
- NatWest in new Libor transition push as COVID-19 slows customer switch over (Reuters)
- ‘Virtual’ AGMs threat to shareholder input (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back next tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.