CA daily briefing: Wednesday 6 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Anne Adrain provides an overview of a report by the Accounting Bodies Network (ABN) of A4S on the profession’s response to the pandemic.
Today's top stories from around the web
- FTSE 100 chief executives 'earn average salary within 3 days' (BBC News)
- City set for 'minimalistic' agreement in crunch UK-EU financial services talks (City AM)
- FTSE 100 rises as surge in oil prices lifts energy stocks (Reuters)
- Bitcoin tops $35,000 for fresh record as wild swings resume (Bloomberg)
- World Bank calls for rapid action to prevent Covid debt crisis (The Guardian)
- Passengers coming to UK may have to test negative for virus under new plans (Sky News)
- UK on course for double-dip recession amid lockdown ‘gloom’ (City AM)
- UK lockdown causes biggest drop in new car sales since World War Two (Reuters)
- M&S signs call to action over Uighur forced labour (BBC News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.