CA daily briefing: Wednesday 28 October
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Alan Simpson CA details the findings following a review of climate change disclosures in a sample of FTSE 100 companies.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Next sees online lift but store sales drop by half (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 drops as rising coronavirus cases spook investors (City AM)
- UK issues sustainable finance best practice for asset managers (Reuters)
- $10trn investor group presses resources giants after Rio Tinto crisis (Sky News)
- CBI chief fires parting shot over slow pace of Brexit negotiations (The Guardian)
- ‘Shops refusing cash left me unable to buy basics’ (BBC News)
- The Hut Group sales jump 39% as shoppers increase online spending during pandemic (The Independent)
- Call for changes to ‘inflexible’ business rates (Accountancy Daily
- Rush to beat stamp duty rise sees UK house prices jump again (City AM)
- Britain's Heathrow Airport slashes outlook, loses European crown (City AM)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.