CA daily briefing: Wednesday 28 April
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
An opportunity exists to contribute to a short online survey on a workplace parking levy which closes on 20 May 2019. Justine Riccomini explains what is happening.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Google owner sees record profits as lockdown boom continues (BBC News)
- Business rates relief snub costs Sainsbury's £400m as profit slumps despite lockdown sales boost (City AM)
- Santander profit jumps five-fold boosted by U.S. (Reuters)
- HSBC quarterly profits surge on improved UK economic outlook (Sky News)
- ‘Self-driving’ cars could get green light for use on UK motorways this year (The Guardian)
- Business leaders set out plan for Covid recovery (BBC News)
- London Stock Exchange Group sees income increase after Refinitiv deal completes (City AM)
- Dixons Carphone to repay UK government COVID-19 support (Reuters)
- Calls for ministers to ‘come clean’ over links to cross-Channel power cable sponsor (The Guardian)
- Premier Inn owner reports £1bn loss - but hopes to see 'staycation' boom (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.