CA daily briefing: Wednesday 27 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Susan Cattell highlights the Making Tax Digital for VAT deadline for implementing digital links between systems – and the process for applying for an extension for those who will be unable to meet it.
Today's top stories from around the web
- China opens door to Ant Group's stock market debut (BBC News)
- Exclusive: Sadiq Khan to bang the drum for City of London at World Economic Forum (City AM)
- UK retailers report biggest annual price falls since May (Reuters)
- 'People are demanding change': Youngsters lead call for green businesses and jobs (Sky News)
- Private rents fall in UK's biggest cities by up to 12% amid Covid crisis (The Guardian)
- Victims lose average of £45,000 in investment scams (BBC News)
- UK to start talks with Switzerland on post-Brexit financial services deal (City AM)
- Microsoft earnings rise as pandemic boosts cloud computing, Xbox sales (Reuters)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca boss says EU vaccine supply 'glitches' are because it signed deal 3 months after UK (Sky News)
- BlackRock: World’s largest fund manager threatens to sell shares in climate crisis offenders (The Independent)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.