CA daily briefing: Wednesday 24 March
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
On Monday we were joined by Sir Jon Thompson, Chief Executive of the Financial Reporting Council, to discuss the recently published BEIS white paper on Governance and Audit reform. Watch the webinar on demand here.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK inflation rate falls as clothes prices drop (BBC News)
- Manpower CEO: Remote working isn't unsustainable but it's certainly not desirable (City AM)
- Harry Potter publisher raises profit view as reading picks up during lockdowns (Reuters)
- 'A colossal failure': Green groups criticise failure to halt North Sea oil exploration (Sky News)
- Goldman Sachs' junior bankers rebel over '18-hour shifts and low pay' (The Guardian)
- World's biggest coal company bets on solar power (BBC News)
- Britain's BT to pay frontline staff 1,500 pound COVID bonus (Reuters)
- Clampdown on tax loophole for thousands of second homes registered as holiday lets (Sky News)
- Abu Dhabi 'to invest billions' in British business (BBC News)
- Elon Musk allows customers to buy Tesla cars with Bitcoin (City AM)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.