CA daily briefing: Wednesday 20 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
BEIS has issued a number of new explainer videos for SMEs on Post-Transition Rules. Find out more in this article.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Brexit: Government considers scrapping some EU labour laws (BBC News)
- UK dividends won’t recover until 2025 at the earliest after bruising year (City AM)
- UK inflation starts climb as effects of COVID and Brexit combine (Reuters)
- Sir Philip Green's Outfit stores are to close with loss of 700 jobs (Sky News)
- Brexit has driven 2,500 finance jobs and €170bn to France, says bank governor (The Guardian)
- Covid: MPs criticise HMRC over gaps in support schemes (BBC News)
- Tax penalties double in six months following lockdown lull (City AM)
- Wetherspoon raises $128 million in second cash call (Reuters)
- Ethnic minority employment has ‘plummeted’ during pandemic, says TUC (The Independent)
- HSBC to shut 82 bank branches as customers shift online (Sky News)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.