CA daily briefing: Wednesday 18 November
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here bringing you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Anne Adrain summarises the key changes to the post-Brexit transition period accounting framework.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Clothes and food price rises push inflation higher (BBC News)
- Spending watchdog criticises government over £18bn Covid contracts (City AM)
- UK hopes to get a Brexit trade deal, business minister Sharma says (Reuters)
- Nissan 'ready' for 2030 electric car goal but repeats Sunderland plant Brexit warning (Sky News)
- Boris Johnson announces 10-point green plan with 250,000 jobs (The Guardian)
- Brexit to bring blow to UK Covid-19 recovery - KPMG (City AM)
- Shift to electric cars will need 'Herculean' effort, says industry (BBC News)
- City of London buys into new Dorset solar farm to help power Square Mile (The Guardian)
- UK insurer RSA receives 7.2 billion pound cash takeover offer (Reuters)
- Charity founder banned over financial misuse (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.