CA daily briefing: Wednesday 13 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
We’re starting a collective wellbeing journey, encouraging ICAS Members and Students of all fitness levels to take time out and combine their local efforts for a virtual trip around the world. Join our #ICASWellTogether campaign today.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Customs staff: Vaccinate us to keep trade flowing (BBC News)
- Exclusive: City of London boss says financial services overlooked in Brexit talks (City AM)
- Britain's ASOS raises profit view after strong Christmas sales (Reuters)
- COVID-19: Ryanair and Virgin Atlantic rated worst in refunds survey (Sky News)
- Lowest paid in UK have suffered the most financially in the pandemic, report finds (The Guardian)
- Huawei patent mentions use of Uighur-spotting tech (BBC News)
- UK ‘to trial’ Covid-19 vaccine passports with new app (City AM)
- Discount supermarket Lidl says UK Christmas sales jumped 17.9% (Reuters)
- UK business ill-prepared for IR35 rule changes (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Thursday briefing.