CA daily briefing: Tuesday 9 March
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
Charlotte Barbour outlines the report ‘Tax after coronavirus’ issued by the Treasury Committee just before the UK Spring 2021 Budget.
Today's top stories from around the web
- 'Hybrid working will become the norm' (BBC News)
- Standard Life Aberdeen remains optimistic despite 2020 profit slump (City AM)
- Tax rises to pay for 60% of UK deficit reduction, OBR says (Reuters)
- What worries BOE officials now is jobs, not the inflation threat (Bloomberg)
- Post-Covid consumer spending boom 'implausible', says Treasury official (The Guardian)
- New working environment triggers tax compliance challenges (Accountancy Age)
- Collapse of finance company Greensill Capital leaves thousands of steel jobs in the balance (Sky News)
- Zoom founder Eric Yuan transfers $6bn of his shares (BBC News)
- London house prices to boom over next five years, Savills predicts (City AM)
- Bitcoin mania triggers fundraising rush by Chinese players (Reuters)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.