CA daily briefing: Tuesday 9 June
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Justine Riccomini advises on what coronavirus and tax resources are available to Members on the ICAS website and beyond during COVID-19.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Cathay Pacific gets $5bn state-backed bailout (BBC News)
- Treasury reveals £38m support package for debt advice providers (City AM)
- UK tourism group says government plans travel corridors from 29 June (Reuters)
- Deflation fears at ECB mean stimulus battles ahead for Lagarde (Bloomberg)
- Anti-buyout law would hit UK recovery, say business groups (The Guardian)
- BP plans to cut 15% of global workforce due to drop in demand (Sky News)
- UK to start post-Brexit trade talks with Japan (BBC News)
- Coronavirus to hit economic output by 5.2% (City AM)
- UK households face £6bn debts because of COVID-19, says charity (The Guardian)
That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.