CA daily briefing: Tuesday 9 February
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Ross Middleton CA, Senior Investment Manager at Murray Asset Management, gives an insight into the turbulence caused by GameStop’s stock market story.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Grocery shopping has changed for good, says Ocado (BBC News)
- Bitcoin goes through the roof as positive investor sentiment persists (City AM)
- Remote working high on list of traders' challenges, boosts e-trading: JPMorgan (Reuters)
- UK firms face $68bn ‘bombshell’ unless aid extended (Bloomberg)
- BA plans transatlantic flights partially fuelled by recycled waste in 2022 (The Guardian)
- IMRG director: Online sales tax too narrow in focus (Accountancy Age)
- COVID-19: economic impact worsens inequalities faced by women - report (Sky News)
- Holiday firm Tui set to run at 80% capacity this summer (BBC News)
- BoE boss Andrew Bailey denies responsibility for London Capital & Finance collapse (City AM)
- Boohoo buys Dorothy Perkins, Burton and Wallis for £25m (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.