CA daily briefing: Tuesday 8 September
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here to give you this morning's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
Charlotte Barbour outlines tax policy recommendations put forward by ICAS regarding VAT in a post Brexit environment.
Today's top stories from around the web
- 300,000 redundancies planned in June and July (BBC News)
- BoE's chief economist Andy Haldane warns against furlough extension (City AM)
- UK ramps up no-deal preparations as EU trade talks stall (Reuters)
- Leaked EU cables reveal growing mistrust of UK in Brexit talks (The Guardian)
- Spike in cyber attacks increases focus on data security (Accountancy Age)
- Amazon parcels could be delivered by self-driving delivery boxes in the UK (Sky News)
- Up to £3.5bn furlough claims fraudulent or paid in error - HMRC (BBC News)
- UK retail sector shows 'promising' signs of recovery in August (City AM)
- London stocks gain on set of strong corporate earnings (Reuters)
- Labour calls for pubs and bars to be granted furlough extension (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.