CA daily briefing: Tuesday 7 July
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here bringing you the latest news and updates from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
The FRC has announced its principles for operational separation of the audit practices of the Big Four firms. James Barbour provides an analysis of the announcement.
Today's top stories from around the web
- HSBC glitch led to thousands of small business loans in the wrong name (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 opens lower as Federal Reserve on economy (City AM)
- Sunak to spend £3bn on green projects in economy plan (Reuters)
- UK’s global trade deals still pose a huge pre-Brexit challenge (Bloomberg)
- Gambling charity urges UK banks to improve card blocking systems (The Guardian)
- TikTok will no longer operate in Hong Kong due to national security law (Sky News)
- BoE's Bailey delays meeting with Conservative lawmakers (Reuters)
- More than £1bn wiped off Boohoo value as it investigates Leicester factory (The Guardian)
- Daily Mirror owner Reach to cut 550 jobs as sales fall (Accountancy Daily)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.