CA daily briefing: Tuesday 5 January
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison to give you today's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
ICAS has issued guidance on going concern ‘Covid-19 and Beyond’ for auditors. Russell Leitch, Senior Audit and Practice Monitoring Reviewer, and James Barbour CA, Director, Policy Leadership highlight some of the guidance's key points.
Today's top stories from around the web
- EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes (BBC News)
- Sunak to roll out more financial support today as sinking businesses demand immediate lifeline (City AM)
- 'Clean shift' as euro share trading exits London for EU (Reuters)
- UK bets 2m vaccine shots a week will end lockdown (Bloomberg)
- 'We see huge benefits': firms adopt four-day week in Covid crisis (The Guardian)
- Pandemic has ‘ruthlessly exposed’ pervasive inequalities in UK (The Independent)
- Struggling firms 'may not be there' after lockdown without further help (Sky News)
- Supermarket websites feel the strain of new lockdown (BBC News)
- New York Stock Exchange scraps plans to delist Chinese telecoms firms (City AM)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.