CA daily briefing: Tuesday 4 August
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here bringing you the latest news from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
In her latest article, Susan Cattell outlines ICAS recommendations for improving UK tax administration.
Today's top stories from around the web
- BP cuts dividend as losses swell on poor oil demand (BBC News)
- Three-quarters of London firms welcome staff back to offices (City AM)
- Japanese minister to visit Britain for 'difficult' talks on trade deal (Reuters)
- UK advertisers pulled more than £1.1bn spend during Covid lockdown (The Guardian)
- Donald Trump: US Treasury should get cut of TikTok deal (BBC News)
- New York in two hours and Sydney in five - Virgin gives first look at supersonic jet project (Sky News)
- FTSE 100 drops amid company earnings and rising COVID-19 cases (City AM)
- BoE seen undermining Johnson’s green recovery pledge with QE (Bloomberg)
- FCA considers 180-day wait for property fund withdrawals (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.