CA daily briefing: Tuesday 28 January 2020
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here with your essential briefing.
2020 Code of Ethics – Amended requirements in relation to loans and guarantees with clients
Ann Buttery reports on amended requirements in the new Code of Ethics in relation to loans and guarantees with clients in her latest article.
Today's top stories from around the web
- Banks asked to explain 40% overdraft rates (BBC News)
- Saga takes £4m hit from Thomas Cook collapse (City AM)
- Stocks crumble as China virus toll mounts (Reuters)
- JPMorgan keeps bonuses flat for bankers and traders (Bloomberg)
- Sainsbury's in £1bn investment to become carbon neutral by 2040 (The Guardian)
- New York surges ahead of London as world’s top finance hub (The Independent)
- Airbus reaches deal to settle corruption probe (BBC News)
- Virgin Money loan book grows as Brexit uncertainty still lingers (Reuters)
- Huawei: National Security Council to discuss access to 5G network (Sky News)
That's all for today, check back tomorrow for your mid-week briefing.