CA daily briefing: Tuesday 25 May
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
A new episode of the CA Agenda podcast is live now. In this episode, Matthew Halstead, Trustee and Co-Creator of sidekick, joins Indy for an open discussion about mental health, the importance of community and reaching a 'career pivot'.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK tourism spending 'worth just half of pre-pandemic level' (BBC News)
- Competition watchdog to probe Covid-19 vaccine maker AstraZeneca over £27.5bn US drug deal (City AM)
- US Treasury deputy chief sees G7 backing for 15%-plus global minimum tax (Reuters)
- EU warns UK there’s no alternative to Northern Ireland deal (Bloomberg)
- British banks finance 805m tonnes of CO2 production a year (The Guardian)
- FTSE 100 edges higher as crypto recovery and oil prices boost world markets (The Independent)
- Liberty Steel tycoon Sanjeev Gupta to sell seven UK plants employing 1,500 in restructuring (Sky News)
- Public sector borrowing shows first year-on-year fall since start of pandemic (City AM)
- EY staff to work from home at least two days a week after lockdown eased (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.