CA daily briefing: Tuesday 25 August
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison back with your briefing of the latest news and updates from ICAS and around the world.
The latest from ICAS
In her latest article, Susan Cattell outlines ICAS recommendations for corporation tax and multinational enterprises.
Today's top stories from around the web
- New UK law to curb deforestation in supply chains (BBC News)
- Virgin Atlantic unveils coronavirus insurance package on eve of crunch bailout vote (City AM)
- Gas and nuclear industries fight to the end for 'green' EU investment label (Reuters)
- Aveva to buy SoftBank-backed Osisoft in $5bn deal (Bloomberg)
- Topshop owner accused of potential legal breach over redundancy terms (The Guardian)
- Tesco creates 16,000 permanent roles amid 'exceptional' online growth (Sky News)
- Facebook agrees to pay France €106m in back taxes (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 rises amid new US-China trade hopes (City AM)
- Mike Ashley's Frasers Group saves 922 jobs in £37m DW deal (Sky News)
- Zoom apologises after partial global outage (The Guardian)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.