CA daily briefing: Tuesday 24 March 2020
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here providing you with your daily briefing.
The latest from ICAS
Futureproofing skills will be essential for firms seeking to survive the technological upheaval to come. Robbie White, Director of Technology Programmes at BPP University, tells Anna Melville-James how CAs can stay current.
Access information, resources and insight about coronavirus from ICAS on our new hub.
Today's top stories from around the web
- US tech giants team up to tackle coronavirus (BBC News)
- FTSE 100 rises after PM announces coronavirus shutdown (City AM)
- Banks struggle to ride to the rescue in Europe's cash crunch battle (Reuters)
- Germany ready to back rescue plan to help Italy fight virus (Bloomberg)
- Parliament pension fund cuts fossil fuel investments (The Guardian)
- Chains vie to secure ‘essential retail’ status (Sky News)
- Lord questions government’s lending relief strategy (Accountancy Age)
- How to apply for government business support (BBC News)
- Contactless spending limit increased in response to coronavirus (City AM)
- Heathrow Airport says weekly cargo movements surge (Reuters)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.