CA daily briefing: Tuesday 23 March
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
In her latest article, Jan Garioch CA discusses the VAT dispute which may follow the Supreme Court’s judgement on Uber BV and others (Appellants) v Aslam and others (Respondents).
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK launching four regional trade hubs to boost exports (BBC News)
- Half of CEOs don't expect a return to normal this year, but the push to embrace remote working stalls (City AM)
- UK jobless rate unexpectedly drops to 5.0% (Reuters)
- Biden team weighs next economic plan of up to $3tn (Bloomberg)
- London Stock Exchange boss's pay nearly tripled after Refinitiv takeover (The Guardian)
- Employers must give staff time off to get vaccinated (The Independent)
- Nearly 20% of FTSE 100 companies lack board level diversity (Accountancy Age)
- Waitrose ban on kids' magazines with disposable plastic toys inspired by campaigning 10-year-old (Sky News)
- Jack Dorsey's first ever tweet sells for $2.9m (BBC News)
- Crest Nicholson hikes profit expectations as UK housing market remains 'resilient' (City AM)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.