CA daily briefing: Tuesday 23 February
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
The latest from ICAS
ICAS Members Board member and retired CA Alan Begg shares his thoughts on age diversity and how employers should be reaping the benefits brought to the table by older workers.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK unemployment rate at highest for almost five years (BBC News)
- Facebook reverses Australia news ban after law changes (City AM)
- EasyJet sees flight, holiday bookings soar on hope for UK travel restart (Reuters)
- Bitcoin Slumps Below $50,000 as Caution Sweeps Over Crypto Rally (Bloomberg)
- Uber accused of trying to deter drivers from seeking compensation (The Guardian)
- John Lewis considers closing more stores in cost cutting bid (The Independent)
- EU’s tax irregularities attract international attention (BBC News)
- UK temporarily bans Boeing B777s with certain engine after Denver incident (Sky News)
- HSBC shifts focus from west to east as profits dive (BBC News)
- Post-Brexit regulatory changes for the City could free up £95bn, says study (City AM)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.