CA daily briefing: Tuesday 21 July
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Andrew Harbison here with your Tuesday update.
The latest from ICAS
In her latest article, Charlotte Barbour outlines policy proposals put forward by the ICAS Tax Board about the devolving of tax powers across the UK.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK debt climbs in June amid coronavirus pandemic (BBC News)
- EU leaders reach €750bn coronavirus recovery deal (City AM)
- Possible but not certain COVID-19 vaccine rolled out this year (Reuters)
- UBS signals potential return to share buybacks (Bloomberg)
- RBS tells its staff to carry on working from home until next year (The Guardian)
- Aviation industry demands tax break (The Independent)
- Rise in insolvency and creditor action expected (Accountancy Age)
- Above-inflation pay rise for almost 900,000 public sector workers (BBC News)
- Uber faces final Supreme Court appeal to argue drivers are not employees (City AM)
That's all for today. Check back tomorrow for your Wednesday briefing.